Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thing 3

I searched Technorati and Blogpulse with the terms Florida and Librarian. Unless you are already familiar with Boolean searches or go to the Advance Search page you will come up with many responses that don’t come close to finding what you want. With the Boolean/Advanced Search you still get many unrelated blogs. Technorati offers a simple way to filter your results. Blogpulse forces you to do all of your filtering on the advanced search page. Searching the phrase Florida Librarian resulted in two 2 item lists which were unique. Other searches I did resulted in similar results. I did discover that Technorati allows you to search by a specific language. In Technorati my name listed Zero results but in Blogpulse I got 29 results in a language I didn’t even recognize, my best guess is that is either a Eastern European or a Middle Eastern language.

In short if your searching blogs for information you need to be as specific as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment