Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thing 8

So I read about Instant Messaging, watched the video and signed up for Google Talk. Then I read about Text Messaging, Web Conferencing, WeJunction, and the OPAL Archive. I even signed up for a Meebo and a Twitter account. I'm starting to lose track of all my sign ins and passwords and have to write them down-not very secure to have your passwords written down for someone to find.
It seems like simplifying my life this all just creates more stuff to read and do during the day. It's not making anything easier.
I can see where IMs can help with Reference. I've done my time with Ask-a-Librarian, but it only helps if that's all you are doing. If you have to answer phones, deal with patrons in person, and IM it will affect the quaility of the product you are putting out.

No comments:

Post a Comment